I don’t know if anybody else has this, but when I’m using Firefox 1.5 on my iBook, I’ve got an annoying problem.
Firefox has an auto-complete feature. That is to say that when I’m typing something into a form, a list of stuff that I’ve typed in appears under the form box. I can then move down the list and choose the one I need and save myself the bother of typing all of it.
At least that’s how its supposed to work.
Here’s what actually happens:
1. I begin typing.
2. It creates a list of words with the same letters.
3. I move the mouse pointer over it.
4. The little multi-colored circle appears that indicates that the program is doing something.
5. It stays there.
7. And doesn’t do anything else.
8. At that point I get annoyed and kill the application.
Interestingly, Firefox does not have this problem either on Windows or FreeBSD. Maybe I should update the version I’m using on the Mac.